Here we adopt a color sensor to read color value from a object around you and the LED light on the sensor will turn to the corresponding color as the object.
The color sensor can read color values and then be analyzed by CoreUSB to get the light to show the corresponding color.
- Setup 1：Connect CoreUSB and PC/MAC with a USB cable, then open Arduino IDE.
- Setup 2：Click Files > Examples > mCookie > _303_BashfulChameleon, then load the program.
- Setup 3：Load the code, select the right board and COM port, and download the program. When you see “Done Uploading” notice, it means program has been written into CoreUSB.
#define PIN 6
Adafruit_NeoPixel strip = Adafruit_NeoPixel(1, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);
redValue=map(red, 1024, 2048, 0, 255);
greenValue=map(green, 1800, 2824, 0, 255);//blueValue=map(blue, 1024, 2048, 0, 255);
blueValue=map(blue, 1024, 1792, 0, 255);
- Setup 1: Connect the color sensor to IIC of Sensorhub and LED light to D6.
LED light’s connection method can refer to the picture above. Please mind the connection order, which starts from LED’s IN interface to OUT.
- Setup 2: Connect the activated battery box to BM.
- Setup 3：Stack all modules together without fixed order and finish the circuit buildup.
In bad light, you can turn off LED light on the color sensor. Get the dice in the middle of the color sensor close to any object with different color and the led light will change accordingly.
You can DIY your LEGO chameleon. Just put the color sensor close the object and the color of the LED light will change to the same as the object.